Early Years buy-in support
Support, expertise and training you can purchase from Oxfordshire Early Years
In addition to the support available through the Oxfordshire County Council School Improvement Guarantee and Setting and Childminder Improvement Guarantee you can also buy-in support services and training packages from the team on a subscription or pay as you go basis.
Subscribing to a package gives you access to the toolkit.
Who we support
We support all early education and childcare providers in Oxfordshire, including:
- day nursery, and pre-school staff
- school staff working with the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- children’s centre staff
- playworkers in after-school, breakfast, holiday clubs/playschemes
- governors, headteachers, owners and managers.
Our buy-in support packages are also available to early years providers based outside of Oxfordshire.
Buy-in support packages
A member of the Oxfordshire Early Years team can visit to:
- assess readiness for Ofsted
- perform audits, such as Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale (ECERS) and Infant Toddler Environment Rating Scale (ITERS)
- work with you on any area of practice you feel needs developing
Prepared training packages
We can deliver the following training packages in-house at team meetings or on whole team training days. You could also pool resources with other early years providers to buy in joint training days or sessions at area network meetings.
We offer pre-prepared training packages in the following areas:
- prime and specific curriculum areas
- observation, assessment and planning
- British values
- introduction to EYFS
- being ready for inspection
- developing leadership and management in the EYFS
- characteristics of effective learning
- understanding behaviour in the early years
- English as an additional language (EAL)
- transition training
- support for NQTs
- the EYFS for support staff
In addition to the above we can create new training packages tailored to your specific needs. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Pay as you go prices for 2019-20
Full Day - £550
Half Day - £300
To get a quote for our buy-in support, training, or to discuss different buy-in support options, email [email protected].